This is one of my old time favorites! To take a bit further, this Banana Blueberry Bread recipe was the very first recipe I baked, going into a healthy living..
You can say this is where everything started! Like Oprah says I had an AHA MOMENT!
You know what I realized??!
This simple fact: you can swap a couple ingredients to make it healthy and it tastes just the same, that means eating healthy doesn't mean having to eliminate my treats that I loved so much. I just needed to make a healthy version.
Ultimately, being able to substitute has been a key factor in sustaining a healthy lifestyle for 7 years now!! ohh-ghee that sounds like a lot when I think about it, and it really has not been hard what so ever...
BLUBERRY BANANA BREAD
Makes 1 loaf
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1/4 cup blueberries
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups almond flour
pinch sea salt
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
3 large ripe bananas
1. Preheat oven at 350 F. Then, in a medium bowl mix all your dry ingredients: coconut palm sugar, baking soda, almond flour, cinnamon, sea salt.
2. In a large bowl mix all your liquid ingredients: eggs, vanilla extract and mashed bananas.
3. Slowly, start adding your dry ingredients into the large bowl, and mix well.
4. Last, gently fold in blueberries and walnuts.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
6. Once done, let it cool down and slice!