Easy Summery Caprese Salad
We tend to crave more of salads during the summer -- there is a biological need for fresh vegetables and fruits much has to do your body's need to hydrate.
But.... it can get boring reaaaally fast if we do the same old salad all summer long!
The trick is to try different type of salads, all easy to make but with a different flavor.
Lately I have been ordering Caprese Salads whenever we eat out, and I decided to make it at home as well!
This simple Caprese Salad is made with arugula, spring mix, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls and basil, it took me about 15 minutes to get this baby ready!
ROASTED TOMATO AND CAPRESE SALAD
2 cups cherry tomatoes (red and orange)
4 cloves garlic
2 cups arugula
2 cups spring mix
3 tbs olive oil
8 small fresh mozzarella balls
1/4 cup basil leaves
sea salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
3 tsp balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. On a small sheet pan linea Aluminum Foil, toss the tomatoes, and garlic with 1 tbsp olive oil.
2. Add salt and pepper. Roast tomatoes for 15 minutes and set aside once they are ready.
3. Place arugula, spring mix, basil leaves in a bowl.
4. Drain water from mozzarella cheese balls and add to salad, then add the warm tomatoes with the mozzarella balls. Drizzle tomato juice over the salad.
5. Drizzle salad with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season to taste. Toss salad gently.
6. Add more basil leaves on top and serve!
This is an easy summer salad perfect for when you have family and friends over! You can always add your protein of choice.
Want to inspire your friends to have a healthier summer?!! Please do share, recipe ideas are always welcome!!
Lots of love,