Fall meeting Summer dish, as we enter Fall, we start to see its colors not only in leaves but in seasonal fruit and veggies as well!
Just because ingredients change that doesn't mean, the practicality does too. We can still keep it easy, delicious and healthy and we use the oven a bit more so there is less mess in the kitchen = easier and faster to clean.
If you want to make this dish even healthier don't add the cheese, but if you do, make sure you buy FRESH Mozzarella, there is a difference it has more of a buttery texture and more than likely not made in a cheese factory.
This dish took me no more than 20 minutes to prepare + the time in the oven, perfect for a week night, to keep things simple yet still healthy.
GROUND TURKEY SWEET POTATO SKILLET
Time: 30 minutes
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 3 cups) 1 pound ground turkey 1 yellow bell pepper 1 cup red onion, diced ½ cup mozzarella, shredded ¼ cup basil, chopped 2 tablespoons olive oil 1.5 tablespoons ground cumin 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
sea salt, to taste ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven 350 F.
2. In a large cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute and then add purple onion. Add sweet potato cook until soften.
3. Next, add ground turkey. Use a wooden spoon to break apart meat and continue cooking approximately 8 minutes until browned.
4. Add cumin, sea salt and pepper. Stir well to incorporate.
5. Add yellow bell pepper, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Top with slices of Fresh Mozzarella and Feta Cheese. Cook in the oven for another 10 minutes.
7. Remove skillet form oven and garnish with fresh basil before serving.
For more healthy recipes make sure to subscribe and please do share this recipe with your loved so they can enjoy a simple, healthy and delicious meal!
Lots of love,