I have always been one for a challenge, I believe and it’s said often that is how we grow and become better and better in what we do!
And so I was driving heading to the beach the other day drinking my Starbucks and my favorite treat from there, their Banana Nut Bread. I said to myself: I can totally do the healthier version of this delicious bread!
Now, I have done many other banana breads but never the healthy version of the exact Banana Nut Bread from Starbucks.
You might be asking, what is the difference from this Banana Nut Bread from other Banana breads?
This bread has a very crunchy texture, cinnamon strong flavor and a sweet crunchy topping.
And that is exactly what I did, used more chopped pecans and caramelized them for the crunchiness, sprinkled a bit more cinnamon and used some coconut palm sugar to that sweetness in the topping.
I’m excited to tell you that it came out so delicious and exactly as the one from Starbucks, you can’t really tell a difference.
Oh but there is a difference! A big one, I would say, this bread is grain free made with very little natural sugar.
Now does that mean I will never have the one from Starbucks ever again? The answer is no, of course I will indulge once in a while with my Skinny Vanilla Latte with almond milk.
But, I will definitely eat more of my version of the Banana Nut Bread. It’s healthier, cheaper than buying it from Starbucks and I have a whole loaf of bread to share with my loved ones!
Please don’t be intimated just because it’s a similar version of a Starbuck’s treat. This recipe might be the easiest recipe to bake from all of my treat recipes, just take a look!
Thank you for reading and please do share, for all to enjoy!
BANANA NUT BREAD
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 40 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 60 minutes
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
2 cup almond flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 ½ cup pecans
1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or coconut oil.
3 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and oil a loaf pan, I use grass-fed butter but you can use coconut oil or a organic olive oil spray.
2. Star by adding all wet ingredients to a medium to large bowl, mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla. Blend until combined.
3. Chop pecans and caramelize them in a skillet medium heat with with the grass-fed butter and honey. Careful don’t let them burn.
4. Once pecans are done, add ½ of the pecans to the mix with the dry ingredients as well, coconut palm sugar, almond flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Blend well.
5. Pour banana batter into the prepared loaf pan and use a spatula to spread batter evenly.
6. Add the rest, of the caramelized pecans as topping and sprinkle with cinnamon.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until bread is done.
8. Allow bread to cool for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Lots of love,