Summer Blueberry Pie
Last recipe of my Favorite Summer Recipes for 2017, you can find the rest of the recipes on the webpage under BLOG. And I wrap it up with my favorite dessert of the summer and I could say is now under my 5 Desserts of all times! That is my Summer Blueberry Pie just in time for the 4th of July.
I won't lie the level of difficulty is a bit higher but not that much, I still want to keep it simple, healthy and delicious! And to think you can make a #sugarfree, #grainfree Pie. You can use the recipe for the crust for any other kinda of pie, just change the filling :)
I hope you all spend a great 4th of July with family and friends, Happy Independence Day!
Summer Blueberry Pie
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1hour 10 minutes
3 cups almond flour
1 1/2 cups potato starch (not potato flour)
2 teaspoons guar gum
1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup grass-fed butter or vegan butter
1/2 cup cold water
4 cups fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup coconut palm sugar
1/4 cup potato starch
1/4 teaspoon guar gum
1. Wash and cut strawberries into slices. Place sliced strawberries in a large bowl. 2. Then add raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.
3. Add lemon juice and vanilla extract to berry mixture and toss until evenly combined.
4. In a separate, small bowl, whisk together the coconut palm sugar, potato starch and guar gum.
5. Pour this dry mixture over the berries and toss again. Set aside.
1. Whisk together almond flour, potato starch, coconut palm sugar, guar gum and salt.
2. Cut butter into flour using pastry cutter or fork.
3. Create a well in the center of the mix and add the two eggs and 1/4 cup of the cold water and start to work into the dough. Use your hands just like play-doh.
4. Slowly add the remaining water until dough has formed. It will get stickier.
5. Press half of the dough into the pie pan and work dough up the sides and around the edges. It’s easier to work with the dough if you dip your fingers into water first, keep a small cup around.
6. Pour berry filling into prepared pan.
7. Roll out the remaining half of the dough in between two pieces of parchment paper. (And not too thin, you want a little thickness for the top layer, it will be easier to work with).
8. Peel off top layer of parchment paper. Peel back the paper and trim excess. If there are cracks it can be fixed by dipping your fingers into water and mending.
9. Make a few vent holes and apply an egg wash if desired.
10. Place pie into oven at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes you can place aluminum foil or a pie crust shield around the edges at this point to avoid outer edge burning.
11. Let pie cool before serving as the filling will set during the cooling process.
Enjoy with some diary free vanilla ice-cream!
Lots of love,