Celebrating the Beginning of Summer with Watermelon Cake
There is no celebration without cake! What are we celebrating??!
The beginning of Summer Break.. Starting this week I will be sharing weekly my favorite Summer Recipes- Simple, Healthy & Delicious!
The 3 words that can describe my style of cooking. Starting with my Watermelon
Cake this recipe you will find it perfect for barbecues and summer parties. This cake is made with only fruit no bread or nut flour, which makes it easier and faster to do because there is no baking, it is fresh perfect for the summer heat and very very healthy! My kiddo loved this recipe I'm sure yours will love it as well :)
1 slice of watermelon (circle)
1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
2 cups of berries (I used strawberries, blackberries and
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons almond milk
1 tablespoon of honey
1 teaspoon grass-fed butter o coconut oil
1. Slice watermelon, get you slice about 2 inches thick.
2. Use 1/2 cup of berries, on low heat use a sauce pan add
berries, butter and vanilla, until you create a type of sauce. Once
done let it cool down.
3. In a small mixing bowl, add berry sauce, Greek yogurt and
salmon milk, mix well.
4. Spread the fruit yogurt (you can also buy a store bought fruit
yogurt and you can skip step 2 and 3) on top of your
5. Using the rest of the berries decorate your cake! You can use
any other fruit that you wish instead of berries.
Share with friends and subscribe for you weekly Summer Recipes!
lots of love,